GUEST SPEAKERS POLICYEdit
It is the policy of the campus to foster a spirit of free inquiry and to encourage the timely discussion of the broad range of issues that concern our community, provided that the views expressed are stated openly and are subject to critical evaluation.
Student Organization ResponsibilitiesEdit
A registered student organization, may invite guest speakers to the campus, subject to the following provisions:
- Sponsorship must be by a registered student organization [OPTIONAL: substitute “an institutionally recognized”].
- Proper arrangements for the use of college/university facilities must be made, consistent with institutional policy.
- It must be clear that the student organization, not the College/University, is extending the invitation and that any views the speaker may express are his or her own and not those of the College/University.
- The student organization must take whatever steps are necessary to ensure that the meeting is conducted in an orderly manner. This may necessitate consultation with campus security and/or hiring of outside security.
- The student organization must comply with any and all conditions for the orderly and scholarly conduct of the meeting.